Technical Assistance Tool
This resource offers a framework for understanding the financial sustainability of an existing person-centered care program.
- Setting up data collection systems and benchmark data is important to showing value.
- It’s also important to analyze the return on investment and impact of person-centered care models on entities outside of health system utilization and payers.
- Some ideas for financial sustainability include grants to fund upfront costs of expansion, shared savings payment models, and capitation contracts with health plans.
Posted to The Playbook on
Frail Older Adults
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- How can I make my care model financially sustainable?
- How can I seek out appropriate sources of revenue?
- What are examples of programs that have achieved financial sustainability?
Level of Evidence
Expert OpinionWhat does this mean?