This systematic review, which includes 27 studies across five models of care, evaluates the effectiveness of programs to improve care and lower cost for people with multiple chronic conditions or disabilities.
- Two models — care and case management and disease management — showed improvements in one of the key outcome measures.
- Care and case management models showed reductions in cost.
- Disease management models showed improvement in clinical outcomes.
- What care models are effective in improving health and lowering costs for people with complex needs?
- What are the attributes of evidence-based care models?