This resource proposes a framework to help guide the development of programs for populations with complex needs.
- While medical drugs and devices go through a well-established, rigorous development process, there is no formal development process for developing care management interventions.
- A common framework for the complex care program development process would provide a way of evaluating an initiative and whether it is “on track.”
- The proposed framework includes the following steps:
- Prototype Development — identify potential innovative approaches to help solve systemic challenges
- Proof of Concept Testing — initial launch and full testing in local context
- Program Optimization — to assess whether resources are being used in the most efficient way and generating the highest possible impact
- Program Sustainability — to examine whether the program is meeting organizational needs and priorities
- For each phase, the brief provides questions to consider and criteria for success.
Posted to The Playbook on